Diatomaceous Earth - not just completely natural but certified organic, a food grade fine white powder that provide a fantastic array of uses in the household, on the farm, and in commercial and horticultural applications.
Quite simply Diatomaceous Earth is the fossilized remains of ancient algal shells called Diatoms or Phytoplankton. Diatoms are the grass of the waterways of the planet. Much in the same way grass is the staple food of land based herbivores. Diatoms (algae) are the foundation basis of all aquatic life and form the most plentiful group of individual species known to man. There are more types of Diatoms in the world than all land plants combined.
Uses for Pets:
- Internal Parasitic Control - DE can be taken internally by your pets to assist with internal parasitic control. Fed daily, food grade Fossil Shell Flour will help to eliminate roundworms, tapeworms, hookworms, whipworms, pinworms and lungworms. You can expect roundworms, whipworms, pinworms and hookworms to be passed out within seven days of daily feeding of food grade diatomaceous earth. Daily feeding is generally recommended for year round protection of internal parasites and general health and well being. The daily application in your pets normal diet will result in the consistent presence of DE in their stools. This will discourage flies from landing on them, laying eggs and hatching more, therefore reducing the fly population overall.
- External Parasitic Control - Dogs and cats, any household pets that are furred or feathered can be dusted in DE to discourage fleas, ticks, mites and lice and other external blood sucking parasites.
- General Health Supplement -
Some of the reported potential benefits of daily consumption of DE include …
- § 15 Trace minerals – beneficial for soil, plants, animals and potentially even humans
- § Can assist to detoxify bacteria, viruses, e-coli, heavy metals and toxins
- § Colon cleanser, digestive aid, can reduce scours and bowel related disorders
- § Better feed conversion, improves weight gain and general health
- § Promotes shinier coats, hair, skin, manes, hooves, nails and plumage
- § Natural de-wormer, eliminates many internal parasites without the need for strong chemicals
- § Completely non-toxic, no potential for parasites to gain immunity over time
- § Reduces fleas, ticks, flies, general manure odour and fly population
- § Cost effective health supplement resulting in reduced animal stress, better well-being and potentially reduced vet bills.
Kittens - 1/2 teaspoon/day
Adult Cats - 1 teaspoon/day
Puppies - 1/2 to 1 teaspoon/day dependending on size and breed of puppy
Small Dogs under 15kg - 1 teaspoon/day
Medium Dogs 15kg - 35kg - 1 tablespoon/day
Large Dogs 35kg - 50kg - 2 tablespoon/day
Giant Dogs 50kg+ - 2 heaped tablespoons twice per day
Small Animals - 2-5% mixed in feed per day
All information and more available from www.denz.co.nz
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Our two cats are happy enough to eat Diatomaceous Earth either sprinkled on their wet food or mashed through it. We have also rubbed it into their coats. It is early days yet but hopefully there will be an improvement to the skin allergies one cat in particular experiences. Plus the over all benifit of using a natural product.
I tried on my cat, think it's the easiest and most natural way to prevent she getting worms.