Chia Seed is nutrient dense and packs a punch of energy boosting power. Aztec warriors ate Chia Seeds to give them high energy and endurance. They said just one spoonful of Chia could sustain them for 24 hours. Chia means “strength” in the Mayan language, and the seed were known as “runners food” because runners and warriors would use them as fuel while running long distances or during battle.
Waihi Bush Organic Farm source quality organic Chia Seed from it’s native South America and then use our own unique process to produce superior fresh cold-pressed Chia Seed Oil.
About Chia Seed Oil:
- Chia Seed Oil is our pure, cold pressed, unrefined, extra virgin, organic Chia Seed Oil of the highest quality
- Chia Seed Oil contains 59% Omega-3 EFA - Alpha Linoleic Acid (ALA) and 8% Omega-9
- Chia Seed Oil supports healthy levels of energy
- The great flavour makes Chia Seed Oil a great addition to your favourite recipes and for salad dressings
- Chia Seed Oil added to a vitamin-packed smoothie will help make those fat-soluble vitamins more available to your body
- Chia Seed Oil has an ALA to linoleic ratio of 2.8:1
Why do you need Omega-3?
- The body cannot make Omega-3, you must get it from your food to function well.
- Is naturally good for your skin, hair and nails.
- Omega-3 is required for healthy cell function.
Ingredients: Cold Pressed, Unrefined, Extra Virgin, Certified Organic Chia Seed Oil (100%)
- Blend into your favourite yoghurt, smoothie or shake with one of our Flax Fibrerange.
- Blend into a soup, vegetable smoothie after cooking
- Blend into cottage cheese, hummus, pesto or dip
- Makes an ideal ingredient for a healthy summer salad dressing
- Chia Seed Oil goes well with vegetable dishes such as greens, salads, steamed vegetables, mashed potato and soups - just drizzle once you're ready to serve.
- Use as a facial on clean dry skin as chia oil is a known to be a good oil for restoring vital moisture, diminishing redness and inhibiting wrinkles.
Note: to protect the flavour and nutritional value of this delicate oil, it is not suitable for hot cooking.
Chia Seed Oil will remain fresh and tasty in the fridge for up to 6 weeks. You can place them into the freezer when purchased this suspends the shelf life which will kick back in once you take it out to use.